Last Edited: January 3, 2017
This Program focuses on the Long Term Player Development (LTPD) Stage 7: Active for Life.
- Physical – Follow appropriate guidelines in the areas of endurance, strength and flexibility training to remain active or play competitive.
- Technical – Learn new skills, or use and maintain skills already acquired.
- Tactical – Basic tactics are sufficient to enjoy the game at a recreational level. More advanced are required for competitive level.
- Mental – Focus on having fun, in addition to stress release and fitness discipline.
Players in this program can expect to enjoy the game playing as part of a team, training and playing together in the recreational league.
|Level of Play:||
U9/U10 - 7 aside (7v7) - 2 x 25 mins
U11-U12 - 9 aside (9v9) - 2 x 30 mins
U13-U15 - 9 aside (9v9) or 11 aside (11v11)* - 2 x 40 mins
U16-U18 - 9 aside (9v9) or 11 aside (11v11)* - 2 x 45 mins
* Depending on the number of players registered, the Club may choose for these age groups to either play 9 aside (9v9) or 11 aside (11v11).
Players wishing to tryout for the Cumberland Cobras Competitive Program or the Cumberland Cobras Academy Program, please see the following links:
|Season Length:||Mid-May to Mid-August|
Games and Practices:
Extra Training Opportunity:
Goalkeeper Training Opportunity:
June 9, 10, 11, 2017
August 26 and 27, 2017
Player Registration Fee:
On or before March 31st: $195 (early bird discount)
Volunteer fee: $50 per family (mandatory fee, refundable after volunteering)
Uniform Fee (For U9 players only): $50 covering a full uniform.