Last Edited: Dec 2017
This Program will focus on the Long Term Player Development (LTPD)
Stage 1: Active Start
- The U4 clinic runs in station format, with the kids moving through 3 seperate stations each week, focused on a different element. The stations are designed and overseen by our Academy staff, with technical coaches from our senior youth competitive teams running the actual exercises.
- For the first 4 weeks, one of the 15 minute stations is a parent/child (or older 10+ sibling and child) station. Here the players and parents go through fun interactive exercises and games that can help the child develop faster as a player.
- For the remaining weeks this station starts to introduce small sided game play. At these ages it takes a while for the group to understand, but by the end of the summer they are all able to play a friendly 3v3 game.
- The remaining stations focus on the ABCS of movent (agility, balance, coordination and speed), as well as basic ball skills.
- Please note that at U4, the kids do not play in a league format, as the age group is simply too young to start in league play right from week 1. The program works towards this end goal of proper game play gradually.
|Level of Play:||
No competitive games. Small sided games played in the latter half of the season.
|Player Assessments:||None. Open to all.|
|Season Length:||May 18th to August 10th|
Sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes in length per week, run in station format. No soccer games are played at U4.
Friday evenings 5:15 PM - 6:00 PM at Millennium Sports Park
NOTE: A parent or guardian must remain at the field for the duration of each session and exercise. For the first 4 sessions, a parent or sibling that is 10 or older, must be prepared to participate in one of the 15 minute stations.
Registration Fee: $140.
Soccer ball and t-shirt are included.